Tuesday, February 18, 2014

V-Day: Take Two!

Well. I am oooone lucky girl. Ian cooked me dinner for Valentine's Day and he got real fancy...


There's something inherently romantic about having someone cook you dinner, don't you think?

Especially when he looks like this while doing it ;)

While he got down to business, I goofed around a bit... Remember the Veuve from yesterday?


Well in that fancy little box was a fold-out Veuve ice bucket! Like, how beyond cool is that?! I assume it's for intensely bougie people to bring on picnics. Or as a chic head accessory?


On the menu:

Feta-stuffed dates wrapped in bacon...!!



These were beyond. I basically ate all of them before they were properly plated, hence the paper towel pic.

Arugula and Pear Salad with feta and a lemon-olive oil dressing...



DI-VINE.
(And nearly detox-diet friendly!)

For our main, he made Chicken Cordon Bleu... YEAH. I had never had it before(!!) and it was so decadent, yet also comfort food-y in the BEST way!



Chocolate covered Strawbs were the intended dessert, but we didn't end up having the room in our intensely full tums! Dinner was crazy delicious and the absolute best way to spend an intimate, fun Valentine's Day.

And well done, Ian! Who knew my valentine could whip up a gourmet meal like it ain't no thang?! He is literally the greatest guy :)

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment