Thursday, February 27, 2014

Orange When it Rains

It's pouring rain again in San Francisco! And according to those trusty weather-folk, it should continue to do so through the weekend. Now I'm normally not one to be affected so much by the weather, but I'm just kind of tired of having to put on a big coat every day, and I sort of feel like my daily outfits are blending together in one big blur of tights, boots and a mess of outerwear...


I'm dreaming of the day when I can don all those crop tops, billowy wide-leg pants and every pastel color under the sun that took over S/S 14, but for now, they seem devastatingly far off...

SO! I've turned to the face -the only few inches of skin visible most days- for my daily inspirations.

I've recently stumbled upon the famed blogger, Jane Aldridge of Sea of Shoes - embarrassing, I know, since she is IT  when it comes to the world of fashionable footwear. Anyway, yes, she has a strikingly beautiful collection of wearable art in her closet, but I was actually struck more by her very classic take on a beauty routine...



Simple, yet so very chic. And that porcelain skin is majorly speaking to me - maybe it's the weather, I'm not sure. But, literally, as I sit here and type, I'm dying to go put a mask on!

I also love the bold brows. The bold/natural/un-plucked look has transformed many a face in the last year or so. Sooo much better than that skinny tadpole look... eeks! Filling in my brows every morning has become one of my favorite parts of my beauty routine!

BUT! What I think makes her look totally killer is that bright pop of orange lipstick she's rockin'. Gorg, no?! It was quite possibly THE biggest beauty trend on the runways at S/S 14 - Even Rag and Bone, who had never even done a lip before, got on board!

DKNY S/S 14

Rag and Bone S/S 14

John Galliano S/S 14

I'm so excited to be able to rock something spring-y! I'm marching my butt downtown first thing tomorrow to scoop up either the NARS Satin Lip Pencil in Timanfaya, M.A.C.'s lippy in Morange, or, let's be honest, both...!



xo

**Gorg pics of Jane taken from Byrdie.com

No comments:

Post a Comment