Tuesday, February 4, 2014

Reigning Queen of Mod

I have just discovered and become majorly obsessed with the designer, Lisa Perry. She is the reigning Queen of Mod and how her line of an ultra chic, 60's inspired wardrobe has flown under my radar until now is beyond me!



I discovered her through -of all people- Ian! Isn't it funny how worlds collide sometimes? Ian does hedge fund research for a private wealth management firm and has become enamored with Perry Capital - a hedge fund founded by Richard Perry, who's wife is, you guessed it, Lisa Perry! He had mentioned the power couple a few times to me, but it wasn't until I was guiltily perusing ShopBop that I stumbled upon her line and put a dress to the name. A few Google clicks later, and I was deep in her (dream) closet on The Coveteur...



'Mod' is a style I like to think I emulate well, but at the very least, often. Teased tresses, bold color blocking, fab lashes and structured bags are the tools in my arsenal, but I now have dreams of incorporating Lisa Perry's entire line... :)





Coming from the art world myself, I was thrilled to learn that the Perry's are major patrons of the arts and are friends with people like Jeff Koons...! Their house is an incredible tribute to pop art and is worthy of a museum ticket entrance fee...







“I started my line with a small collection of samples inspired by my vintage wardrobe. I wore only 60s vintage for twenty years, and people loved the style, so I decided to try and modernize the look.” -Lisa Perry for The Coveteur

Some of those vintage pieces include divine works by Paco Rabanne, Rudi Gernreich, André Courrèges, Pierre Cardin and the Campbell's "Souper Dress"...


They hang like archived works of art! I cannot even begin to describe how badly I want to wriggle myself into that Paco Rabanne metal number or the Rudi Gernreich yellow cutout situation...

She has done multiple collaborations with the Warhol Foundation, Lichtenstein Foundation, Jeff Koons and Robert Indiana, and by the looks of her Insta, perhaps another collaboration is in the works for Fall/Winter 2014!



If I were you, I would get on board with her Instagram immediately: @LisaPerryStyle
She posts about her daily inspirations and her passion and zest for life... Not only do you want to wear all her clothes, you also want to be her best friend...

Check out her interview for The Coveteur here for full access to her wardrobe and 'houseum'... BEYOND

Shop her line here!

xo

*All photos taken from TheCoveteur.com and LisaPerryStyle.com*

No comments:

Post a Comment