Monday, February 24, 2014

Suitcases and Ceviche

Over the weekend, I had the BEST visitors in town...


My Parentals!!!!


Aren't they the cutest?! They are actually the absolute best parents around town.

We have finally started to get some nice weather, so I was just dying to traipse around the city, starting with the walk from Nob Hill to downtown...





We just had one teeny little errand to run before lunch - I needed some luggage for Europa!

So we popped into Macy's since they were having a fab sale.

I initially fell in love with this cute little set by Tommy Hilfiger...  


But then I spotted this guy, which I personally think was more chic... It may or may not have something to do with the fact that his name is "Private Jet Spinner"...


(We stuffed the little baby suitcase inside the big mama)

With the luggage situation all settled, we hopped in a cab to La Mar, a fabulous little Peruvian place on the Embarcadero. I LOVE this restarant! And it was the perfect day to go and sit on their back patio!





Pisco Sours for the ladies and a glass of Cab for Greggo... Cheers!


After hearing the ingredients of the Pisco Sour, we had our doubts ("...egg whites? ...what is Pisco?"). But the waitress assured us they were delicious and La Mar has now become known for this funny little drink... and let me tell you, they did NOT dissapoint! De-lish!


We started with their signature ceviche, because really how can you not?


Instead of bread, every table gets an assortment of plantain, sweet potato and yukon gold chips with two dipping sauces - a cheesy one and a spicy one. I'm telling you, these guys alone are worth a trip!



Then came our entrees...

Empanadas de lomo saltado...


I'm Latin, remember, so I've had a lot of empanadas in my life - these are hands down THE best!

Quinoa Caprese Salad!


I had never had red quinoa before... I'm pretty sure it tasted the same as regs quinoa, but it seemed much crunchier. It was such a perfect pairing with the buttery burrata and fresh little toms!

Pork Belly Sandwhich...


Go on, get in there...!


This bad boy of a sandwhich is some serious decadence... The crispy pork belly with the creamy sauce is divine... There is just no other word for it. It's super rich, though, so it's definitely a dish to share!

Unfortunately, I had to cut lunch short and make a mad dash to work for a quick meeting - something I was none too happy about, ha!


Later that night, Mamma changed her top to one that was the same color as mine! Obviously I needed to document this ASAP, so I attempted to drag her into a photo...


Got caught dragging...


Hooray! Twin pic!


I love these two crazies more than life and was so happy they finally trekked it up here for a visit!!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment