Monday, February 10, 2014

Cheat Day

I want to preface this post by saying that I actually made it 7 whole days through the Detox Diet... which may not seem like a long time, but it is when you're completely changing the way you eat ...and also you never diet...

OK. So, Friday night, Alanna cut herself a piece of caramel cake and I just about lost it. No, wait... I did lose it, and I just about cried. I broke down and came thiiiis close to saying "To hell with this dumb diet!". Instead, I called my mom to try and figure out the secret to sticking to it. Her response was a pleasant surprise: A Cheat Day! Well, a cheat meal. I'll take it!


I've never been so happy in my entire as I was when I heard those two little words. I hung up with her immediately and dialed Ian to get his butt over to Whole Foods as fast as humanly possible. A mere 15 minutes later, we were faced with this...


Aaaaaand this...


Like junkies getting our fix, we hounded the poor gal behind the cheese counter with a million and one questions. We wanted to make absolutely sure that we were choosing the best possible cheese for our cheat meal... After all, it would be a whole 7 more days before we could have it again...

We went with a triple cream brie (yeah...) and a truffle gouda. A warm baguette and some prosecco to wash it all down...


Oh yeah, and iced sugar cookies for my unbearable sweet tooth...
(And because I love anything festive!)


A crucial part of Ian's cheat meal was an Old Fashioned. He couldn't go without, so we trekked it a few blocks in the rain and poured ourselves into the last two seats left at the bar at 1760.


A happy guy, indeed :)


Cheat Day might was well have been Christmas!




I think it goes without saying that I'm counting down the minutes until next Friday...
xo


No comments:

Post a Comment