Friday, February 28, 2014

Potions: Ultra Hydrating

With a big Europe trip comes lots of planning...
 
 

Besides all my outfit scheduling, I'm also preparing for the majorly long flight we've got to get through. As anyone knows, those long plane rides can wreak some serious havoc on your skin. But I can't very well show up in Paris with dull, tired skin, can I?! Right. So here's what I'm going to do to prepare....

The most crucial thing to tackle is a lack of hydration... 

1. Drink an INSANE amount of water, starting with the day before and all throughout the flight. I'm still going to enjoy a glass of bubbly - I  mean, there's a lot to celebrate! - but keep the alcohol to a minimum. Before boarding, I plan to get one of those water bottles the size of mini keg and aim to finish it before we land.

2. Take off your makeup before you fall asleep! 


3. Apply a moisturizing serum and super hydrating moisturizer. I'll be using a face oil by Fresh as my serum and Obagi Hydrate (currently on sale!) for my moisturizer. I LOVE this face oil - it does wonders in terms of hydration, but I really love using it in my makeup routine for a super glowy look. Some people find that they don't need to use a moisturizer after an oil. But in a serious dehydrating situation like an 11 hour plane ride, I'd say it's most def necessary. I also feel like using the moisturizer really helps to "seal in" the face oil. 

4. As a final step, I will have my treasured Beauty Elixir in tow and I'll spray it generously on my face upon landing. It's not a good idea to do this in the air because it will actually make you dry out more. 

Dry skin is the worst, but these products should do the trick! 
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment