Friday, January 31, 2014

Potions Class: Dreamy Face Creams

Ahhh face cream... the final (major) step in my potions process! I absolutely LOVE the feeling of putting on a rich, creamy moisturizer. It. Is. Heaven.

As with serums, I have a few that are targeted for different skin needs. Here are my favorites:


Of all the moisturizers I've used, this is the lightest weight. I actually don't use it very often anymore, because I like a thicker, creamier texture. But it's good if you feel that your skin is a bit oily, or if you are broken out at all. I'll also use this if I'm about to go workout and get all sweaty.

Murad Energizing Pomegranate Moisturizer: Also, lightweight, but has SPF and smells yummy! I got this when I moved to the Bay Area. Being from SoCal, I was not used to any sort of weather, and my skin was definitely affected by the change. Because it's rich in antioxidants, this moisturizer actually protects your skin during the day from damaging dry or windy weather. It's not very thick because it's meant to be used every day, as opposed to a quick fix. Love!

REN Frankincense Revitalizing Night Cream: LOVE this. It's been my nighttime moisturizer for a few months and I've noticed such a change in my skin. I wake up looking so refreshed (even if I'm not). Creamy in texture, it is ultra-hydrating and leaves my skin feeling plump, smooth and healthy. The best!




Estee Lauder Advanced Time Zone Night Cream: I got a really large sample of this night cream when I bought the Estee Lauder Advanced Night Repair serum (LOVE - talked about here) and I have to say, it's amazing. I was so sad when the sample ran out, but it's quite expensive! 






Estee Lauder Daywear Cream: I also got a sample of this one. It really is the PERFECT day cream. It smells like cucumbers (perfect for mornings) and has an SPF of 25!! Most importantly, it's rich with antioxidants that act as a barrier to protect your skin from environmental damage. It's a dream! When I run out of my Murad, I will most def be getting this.



Chanel Hydra Beauty Creme: HEAVEN. I am so in love with this moisturizer. It's so expensive, so it's not one of my regulars, but when I have the extra cash, this is where it goes. My skin always feels so nourished and soft and just all around amazing... There aren't a lot of words. It also smells like a dream. I like to get samples of it from Bloomies or Nordies if the ladies are nice! I use it day and night.


The most serious situation of all is SPF... Probably more important than ANY serum or face cream is sunscreen. It is just so beyond vital. Sunscreen will prevent (or put off) a multitude of sins... wrinkles, sun spots, etc. Most of my day creams and even makeup has SPF, but it's not enough for a fair little thing like me. So every morning, I also use SkinCeuticals on my face. SkinCeuticals is an amazing skincare line, one that I really trust and love. Most high end spas or MedSpas will use their products for facials.


xo

No comments:

Post a Comment