Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Niners Devastation

One of the things I love about living in a big city is the camaraderie that comes with everyone rooting for the same sports team. I've been accused several times of being a "bandwagon fan", which is true to an extent, but not in the way you would think... I'm a Niners and Giants fan because I live in San Francisco! It just so happens that both teams have also done really well in the few years I've been up here... I know what you're thinking... coincidence or am I just a lucky charm...?
I'd say it's a toss up :)


Niners gear is a must in this city...



A big group of us reserved Sudachi, a fun little Sushi place, for the game on Sunday, where they projected the game on to a big wall...


Sushi at first seemed like a rather odd accompaniment to football... but then I remembered how amazing it is and quickly got over the unique combo.

I had Spicy Tuna on Wonton chips...


And a spicy tempura roll with yellow onion...


As you probably know, things started out really great!!



But a few bad calls and an interception(!!!!) later, a serious case of tension and anxiety settled upon the once rowdy crew...



You all know what happened... I simply can't go on...

It's hard not to get invested when you're city is as awesome as San Francisco!
The company, food and, ok yes, a few extra drinks helped to slightly dull the pain of the loss :)
There's always next year!
xo



No comments:

Post a Comment