Thursday, January 9, 2014

Pliés and Pizza


I am not one to plan ahead. My birthday falls at the tail end of August, so those hippy-types are always coming at me with Virgo-talk. I'm sorry hippies, but this is simply not the case. I am never on time, I'm not terribly disciplined, I virtually never stress, and I do not plan ahead. In fact, these are all attributes I would like to have a bit more of! However, in a rare moment back in early December, my Virgo roots peeped through and I bought myself a work-out Group-On in preparation for the holiday food frenzy. Not too bad, eh?

The Group-On I bought was for the brand new Cardio Barre SF - 10 classes for $39! So, feeling quite resolute in my goal to be healthier, I decided what better time to get started than now? and showed up to my first class on Tuesday...


The class is done almost entirely at the ballet barre and involves all sorts of different strengthening exercises that are meant to develop long and lean muscles. Like a dancer! Although, I was a dancer once, this class kicked. My. Butt. In a MAJOR way. But that's good, right? I get that that's the whole point of working out, but it quickly made me remember why I had avoided it for so long...

The ballet room has a whole bunch of pics like this one... I assume so that you know what you're going to look like at the end of class...


After 60 minutes, I walked out of class feeling like a giant noodle that was cooked way beyond al-dente. All of the sudden, everything was a struggle... My jacket now weighed about 800 more pounds than before and the accomplishment I felt after finally getting my shoes on was akin to that of what I imagine marathon runners feel at the end of their 26th mile.

I all but crawled home only to find that my lovely Sheba of a roommate had laid out all the fixins to make a pizza for din... So much for my workout! I'm guessing I un-did about 3 of those little mozzarella balls, though, and that's enough to get me smiling! :)
xo



No comments:

Post a Comment