Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Hunger Games

With the holidays comes the onslaught of treats and basically everything bad for you... I hope. Because that's how it went in my house and I sincerely hope I'm not the only one who fell for it! It being 2014 and all, I am making it a point to generally be more healthy... more visits to the gym (let's be honest, any at all) increasing the appearance of green foods on my plate, you know, stuff like that. I figure mid-20s is not the time you really want to be messing around.
Monday at work started out great and then quickly turned stressful. Before I knew it, it was already 8pm and I was half starved to death. Too famished to even dream about making the 25 minute uphill walk home, I hopped in a cab and sped directly towards Whole Foods, which is conveniently located two blocks from home (or inconveniently, if you're a bit strapped for cash like moi).

I began strolling the aisles in a hunger daze, getting more and more overwhelmed by the second. I wanted something that would be fast and that at least made an effort to be healthy. So I did the only thing that could be done and reverted to an old favorite... Caprese salad! Kinda...


Now this no ordinary mozzarella... It is the ultimate dream of a cheese - Burratta...


There was no basil to be found... apparently it's not in season... major bummer. So I made do with some fresh parsley and a bit of dried basil. 

Cut the toms and season 'em with salt, pepper, and dried basil...


Chop the parsley...


Mix!


I added some olive oil and combined it all together so that each little tom was well-seasoned.

Then cut up the ball of creamy deliciousness that is Burratta...



In you go!


It may not be the beauty of the bunch, but this little salad was a dream and exactly what I needed to top off the epically stressful day that was Monday! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment