Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Shiny Shebas

Good girlfriends are hard to find. Like insanely hard to find. Probably because most girls are, in fact, partially insane. I pretty much hit the jackpot when I met my girlfriend, Alanna. We love all of the same things and our personalities balance each other out in the most perfect way. We lovingly refer to each other as Sheba, a nickname I developed somewhere along the way. And since nothing enters my vocabulary without immediately being abbreviated, it quickly became "Sheeb". Lately, we've been so busy with work, boys and just life in general, that we haven't logged a whole lot of time together. So we decided over the weekend to have a whole Sheeb Day, no boys allowed!


After running a few errands together, we went to our favorite little neighborhood spot for mani/pedis.

Aren't unpainted toes just the saddest little things you've ever seen?!


This nail salon is not your average nail salon... Yes, my nails always look amazing (and last), the prices are fair, the women are very nice and accommodating... but the real kicker here is the FREE and BOTTOMLESS mimosas you get to enjoy whilst your sad little unpainted nails and toes are brought back to their shiny, lacquered life.

Cheers to that!


And every time you finish your mimosa, the sweet owner will ask you if you would like another... If you say 'yes', she excitedly replaces your empty glass with a full one. If you say 'no', she makes a sad face and tells you that you work really hard and you should take it easy because you deserve another glass. Needless to say, I've never had just one. 


The lovely Sheba...


I chose red which, if you know me, is no surprise whatsoever. I can't seem to shake it! I love red nails, and almost nothing else on my hands. Sometimes I go for a bright, fire-engine red (like today), or sometimes it's more of a deep, oxblood type red.


Toes are easier to play around with... So this time I chose a "radiant orchid" inspired color...


Sheeb's birthday is this week so it was a total no-brainer that she should involve some sort of glitter situation in her manicure...


A few glasses of mimosas later, we decided to take our freshly painted nails out on the town. 


We picked up another girlfriend at her hotel, which was conveniently hosting a complimentary wine tasting for guests and friends...



Whenever one us is hosting someone from out of town, Sheeb and I always take them to our favorite bar, Chambers. Located in the iconic Phoenix Hotel, it has the coolest understated vibe. 




Told you I love retro!



xo

2 comments: