Tuesday, January 7, 2014

New Year's Eve Part Deux: Bootie SF

Yup, you read that correctly. Not only do I not hate New Year's Eve, but I like it enough to celebrate it twice!


Tuesday is kind of a weird night for NYE anyway, right? Lucky for us, a club down in SoMa - BootieSF - was throwing a "New Year's Eve Do-Over" party on Saturday, complete with champagne toasts, a countdown and balloon drop. Who can say no to that?!

Not us!


One of my oldest friends who also lives in the city, decided to rally the troops and hosted everyone over beforehand, with one condition - You must come in "Thrift Shop" attire. Like Macklemore-inspired thrift shop... It actually ended up being a hilarious theme! I ran around taking pics of people's outfits... I mean, just look at some of these!

Up first, #ThisGuy... the shirt and jacket look pretty tame, but the hat is a nice goofy touch.


SpongeBob- you can hardly go wrong here...


Supposedly, he snagged this denim gem from his girlfriend's closet?! I guess that's one take on the chambray trend...


I should make a note that the shirt below was 100% silk and missing a button...


As if the jacket wasn't good enough on it's own, he accessorized it by attaching some light-up decor...


Goofy Hat strikes again! It's a nice compliment to Ski-Jacket-Circa-1985, no??


These two look like they came straight out of Boogie Nights, if you catch my drift...!


Our four lovely hosts...


And what great hosts they were! They made sure everyone always had a drink in their hand and that we all made it to the club in time for the countdown...



HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!


At some point in the night, I wrangled my way upstairs and got myself a little glow action!


It was a pretty crazy night, but that's what's expected at BootieSF! It was a super fun crowd and I wouldn't have wanted to ring in the New Year for a second time with anyone else! xo

No comments:

Post a Comment