Tuesday, April 22, 2014

New Obsession: Cilantro Sauce

I've recently become obsessed with this little cilantro sauce/dressing I've concocted and I love it on EVERYTHING. I've put in on chicken, dipped my quinoa cakes in it, but most often, you'll find me stirring into just straight up quinoa...


Here's what you'll need to get on board...


Cilantro // Olive oil // Lemon or lime or both! // 2 Garlic cloves, minced (didn't make the pic) // Cayenne pepper (you could also use chili flakes if you just want a wee bit of heat) // Salt n' peppa

Throw it all in a food processor or magic bullet and blend! For the olive oil, I like to start with just a TEENY bit and just add it as you see fit... If I only have a lemon, I use the juice of a little more than half. If I have both a lemon AND a lime, I'll use the juice of the whole lime and the juice of half a lemon.You really just want enough liquid to make a sauce-like consistency.

This is what I like mine to look like... It's pretty chunky!


Yums! I can almost smell the cilantro!


For this particular dinner, I whipped up some quinoa (standard) and mixed in the cilantro sauce...


And cooked up some little white fish fillets (seasoned with salt and pepper)...


And gave it all a big squeeze of lemon!!
(My fish always fall apart and don't make for the prettiest of food pics... Apparently I need this)


It took all of 10 minutes!! SO beyond easy and I cannot stress enough how yummy it is. And obviously, insanely healthy. All the cilantro and citrus give it a super light and fresh taste and somehow, the quinoa becomes "creamy"!

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment