Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Laker Girls Eat Sushi

...Well at least one of them does :)

Like I mentioned earlier, the little sis is a Laker Girl. So during my Christmas holiday, while I was busy seeing how much apple pie it is physically possible to consume, she was running to the gym, working out, and running back... and also not eating pie. She is filled with an intense sense of discipline that I somehow failed to inherit... #ThanksMama

So on Christmas Day, the fam suited up in purple and gold gear to go see our little (and I mean little) girl don a purple Santa Suit and kick butt on the court! Sorry to all you other Laker Girls, but my girl's def the cutest one.


I mean, am I right??

It was like 1,000 degrees and I struggled in jeans and a black T... and that's putting it lightly. The Bro and I have become accustomed to Bay Area weather, so we didn't veer too often from the shade and these smiles may or may not be forced...


We played the Heat, so everyone expected a major loss, but our guys actually held up pretty well, even carrying  a lead in the first half! I know it may come as a huge surprise to many, but I'm not an avid sports fan ;) Going into it, I was not majorly concerned with the outcome of the game, instead just happy to be there hangin with the fam and supporting the Little. However, the game was A TON of fun! Super high energy and the whole place was packed! It also helped that it was a close game up until the very end, so we were kept on our toes. 


Little Broski and I snapchattin our peeps from the stands...


Even though we lost (101-95) it was such a blast! I'm so happy I got to go, it's probably the only chance I'll get to go to a game all season. We met the Little after the game and posed for some photo-ops. Little Bro even smiled since it was Christmas and all...


With so much going on, it's not too often that the five of us are together anymore, heartbreaking as that is! So I intensely cherish each time that we are :)



On to the Sushi portion of this post - Katsuya! 


I had always heard it was amazing, so I was beyond excited when we scored a reservation for after the game. We went to the one in LA Live, right near the Staple's Center, and it lived up to its reputation as some of the best sushi around town.

Watermelon mojitos to start, of course!


I was a bit of a bad blogger and forgot to capture their famed "spicy tuna with crispy rice" or much of anything else, but I promise you, everything was divine. I think we ordered one of each of the specials (one involved a truffle situation - heaven) and doubled up on the crispy rice and a few others...

Here I quickly came to my senses and captured this lone little roll before he got eaten...


We definitely ordered multiples of this guy - A spicy tuna roll topped with rock shrimp tempura...


Chicken for the non-fish-eating Bro...


Literally, everything was delicious (not to mention, a nice break from all that apple pie). The service was great and the rolls come out at lightning speed! They gathered quite the crowd at the door, so unless you're down to wait, a reservation is definitely in order.

So much food, fam and fun, I was one happy girl :)


My only complaint is that there are like five locations in LA and none in SF!!
xo

PS - It's BEYOND crazy that today is the last day of 2013?!?!?!

2 comments:

  1. Does this blog make me look "hap"? Because it's just not possible to read this and not break out in smiles and amusement! What a smart little blog so full of joy and gratitude in a world so full of important opinions and "earnest" enlightenings...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mamma! :) I'm glad someone likes reading it as much as I like writing it! xo

      Delete