Monday, December 23, 2013

Fun in the Fillmore

Friday night, I had one of the most epically fun dinners of life.
My aunt and uncle who live in the East Bay were coming into the city and asked to take Ian and I out. I absolutely LOVE having people in SF so I couldn't wait and looked forward to it all week! After work, Ian and I got dolled up and headed to Fillmore for a pre-dinner drink...


 Harry's Bar on Fillmore...

My dress is a little Topshop number, via my Bestie's closet :)

Ian ordered his standard Old Fashioned...


I ordered a Pomegranate Martini that got topped off with some Cristal. Although my friends tell me otherwise, I'm pretty convinced that I do a really good 'gangsta' impression. So upon hearing that my drink had Cristal (what all rappers drink/spray on each other), I got super excited! I'm sure the bartender recognized the gangsta in me...


Ian tried my drink and dubbed it "gangsta and delicious" :)

Little did I know, it was my aunt Pam's (whom I lovingly refer to as 'Pamcakes') birthday! She tried to be sneaky and thought I wouldn't know! Thankfully, I found out in time and hustled to my fave little card shop and got her the absolute cutest card...


Gettin a little cutesy...


Time for din! We hustled up the street to the restaurant and found the birthday girl already seated and drinking champagne! Atta' girl, Pamcakes!


We were a wee bit late because I made Ian take a pic of me with this humongous dog...


I chose the Jackson Fillmore Trattoria. 


It's a killer little neighborhood Italian spot that I absolutely love. It's totally unpretentious looking, but the food is unreal. The dishes are authentic and beyond delicious. After much catching up, we decided on a bottle of Chianti Classico to wash down our pasta dishes...


We started with some bruschetta and an antipasto misto which I unfortunately didn't get a pic of.

I had Spaghetti alla Carbonara...

Ian had tortellini al forno...

Pamcakes had bombolotti sugo de carne... (uhhh, YUM)

And George had the special: Salcicce fagiole...

And then of course, the reason for the meal - DESSERT!

I know you want a close up of those bad boys...

First up, the Zabaglionne Freddo (ice cream with fresh fruit, topped with amaretto cookies)

Next, the Affogato (gelato with a shot of espresso and dollop of fresh whipped cream)

Di-VINE.

The menfolk ordered some more caffeine to top their meal off... A cappuccino for Ian...

And an espresso for George...

It was a meal for the books... not only for the food, but for the company. I know I rave about my family all the time, but I just can't write about this dinner without saying it once more. My family is everything to me and the reason for the blessed life I have! People always joke about how I'm always insanely happy and nothing ever gets me down, but really I just have too many wonderful people in my life for that to happen :)

Pamcakes and George - we def need to do this more often!
xo

No comments:

Post a Comment