Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Santa Baby

There's nothing quite like the sight of a thousand Santas to really get you in the holiday spirit...



I moved to San Francisco over two years ago and unexpectedly fell head over heels in love. I get the urge a few times a week to climb up the narrow fire stairs of my apartment and literally shout from the rooftops how much I love this city. One of the reasons why, I'm almost ashamed to admit, is that one Saturday every year in December, the streets and bars fill up with Santas as far as the eye can see. Thankfully this year was no different... SantaCon 2013, baby!!

 


Alanna and I started our festive day with brunch, which - let's be honest, is how every Saturday in the city starts :) After some french toast and mimosas, we were off to join the parade of Santas making their way along Polk St and got lucky enough to wind up behind these two brave guys... Santa on top and jorts on the bottom... Some sort of holiday mullet, eh? ;)


Taking a cue from the Naughty List...


A little break time with my bestie, roomie, coworker, partner in crime, and little Sheba...


Sometimes, ordinary things can be made extraordinary simply by doing them with the right people and in a Santa Suit.


Somehow, later that night I was able to transform my silly Santa self into something a bit more presentable in order to go to dinner with my boyfriend and his dad, who was visiting from SoCal...


We went to Sociale, a super cute, super YUM Italian restaurant in Presidio Heights. I had bucatini all'amatriciana, which is very quickly becoming my fave Italian dish ever. Beyond delish! xo

{First image is from SantaCon 2013 on SF.funcheap.com}

No comments:

Post a Comment