Friday, December 13, 2013

Dresses and Dilemmas

With the Holiday party circuit comes the ultimate dilemma: What to Wear. I am notorious for changing my outfit a good 2-3 times before walking out the door. This is normal, right?  


I had my boyfriend's big holiday party this week and it involved quite a bit of preparation. I want to be a good reflection of him in front of his coworkers, so I think its important to put in some effort. Also, its totally fun! Step 1 was the spray tan... I know its not for everyone, but if you're an insanely pale redhead (like me), then its definitely for you. Step 2 was figure out hair and make up situation and Step 3.....the Dress.

Let's take a second to talk about Joseph from M.A.C. who was in charge of Step 2 and did THIS...
UMMM HELLO Joseph, can you just follow me around and make sure I always look like that?!?! Aside from being a make-up genius, he was totally sweet. He complimented my skin (!) and even whipped out a curling iron and fixed some of my more unruly curls! We bonded over our love of big hair... he really is the best.

Ok getting back to the Dress. I have a good amount of cocktail dresses that I love. I think its important to have a few on hand so you're not running to the mall in a panic before every event. The problem was that I had worn and more importantly, been photographed in all of them! Not going to work. After some (much) deliberation, it came down to two options... a pretty cream and gold number that needed to be washed, or an Asos dress I had ordered during their sale that really put the "L" in LBD... 

Aiming for a classier vibe, I decided on the more appropriate cream dress. I threw it in the wash before the fatal mistake: The dryer. aka, the shrink machine.15 minutes was all it took and I was devastated. So, my tinier and shorter sister gets a new dress and I learned a valuable lesson... don't use the dumb dryer ever again! Hang, hang, hang people!

In the end, all was well. The holidays (and dryers) can be stressful, but its important to remember that a dress dilemma isn't a real dilemma at all. I am lucky to be able to call some of the best people on this planet my friends and family and boyfriend. To not have them would be the real dilemma. xo

No comments:

Post a Comment