Thursday, March 6, 2014

Pancake Day

So Pancake Day was this week! I kind of envy people who are on top of their quirky holiday game... It would be really nice to know ahead of time what days cause for a foodie celebration, right??

I leave for Europe a week from today (!!!) and I'm trying to detox until then... I figure every time I deny myself now is an extra chocolate croissant I can have in Paris! But upon hearing about Pancake Day, the craving set in strong... so I came up with a nearly Detox Diet proof recipe!


The ingredients are easy enough... 2 bananas, 2 eggs, cinnamon, and an orange for zesting...


Begin by smooshing up those bananas with the eggs...


It's easiest with a fork....


But after a while, I whipped out the immersion blender to fully incorporate the eggs and get rid of any lumps. Then add in the cinnamon (I like a lot)...


And zest about a quarter of an orange....


This next step, I admit was kind of a risk.. I really wanted to add chocolate chips... banana and chocolate is suuuch a good combo! Instead, I remembered that I had about 2 tablespoons left of my favorite chocolate protein shake....



Not enough to make a shake, but maybe enough to turn my banana pancakes into chocolate-banana pancakes? I went for it...


Here's where I had to veer from the Detox a bit... I used butter(!). I didn't really have a choice though... My only alternative was olive oil and that would have been weird. I would recommend coconut oil if you have it. Or grapeseed oil? I don't think it really has any flavor... Anyway, grease your pan...



Pour in the batter when the pan is nice and hot...


Wait for little bubbles to appear on the top...


And flip!!


Repeat until you've got yourself a nice little stack...


Okay, veering from that pesky Detox one more time - syrup!! Because honestly what is the point of even having pancakes if you're not going to have syrup?! Yolo.

Although, they'd probably be good with like a fresh fruit jam? If you're really going for the diet...


They are seriously SO yummy! Really moist and banana-y and basically a regs pancake, just a little more dense than fluffy... A perfect guilt-free way to celebrate Pancake Day!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment