Friday, March 7, 2014

Brightening Potions

One of the reasons I loved spray tanning so much was that it gave my face that perfect, even skin tone without makeup.  Sometimes I find that even if I don't have a single breakout, my skin has juuust enough varying tones of color in it that I want to run and throw on some BB cream to even it all out... 


BUT! Since I'm now embracing my paleness...! I did some research and tested some creams until I found the BEST brightening, skin-tone-evening potions that will save even the whitest of girls' makeup-less faces.

(The links go to Andalou's website, but I bought them at Whole Foods!)


Let's start with the Renewal Cream... Ok, first of all, in my research I found that most commercial brightening products actually bleach your skin....! Literally, that is horrifying and so scary. So I was happy to hear that this brand focuses on natural ingredients and each of their products is 70% organic at minimum. Even though that sounds like a positive thing and the salesgirl certainly described it that way, my first thought was, "If it's so natural, is it even going to do anything?" She assured me it would and that even after one use, I would notice a difference... hmm. I was intrigued and the price could not be beat. Into my bag it went!

And she was right. 100%. I used it one night and woke up the next morning looking like I had BB cream on already. Apparently, the cream is so nourishing, that your skin just evens itself out! And on top of that, because it's so nourished, it creates the most perfect glow... MY. FAVE. Natural beauty at it's finest, baby.


On to the mask... I have recently become obsessed with anything "glycolic". Glycolic acid is a type of chemical exfoliator... it's good for keeping skin clear and also fending of lines and wrinkles. It's a great ingredient but when over-used, it can be drying or can actually burn you.... eeks! I have a problem with using a mask for a good 30 minutes longer than the directions say, which I've never had a problem with, but I would not risk with any product that had glycolic acid. Anyways, when I saw this mask, I was drawn to it for several reasons...

1. Obvi, the glycolic acid, which I love way too much
2. Honey! Which seems random, but honey is known to be antibacterial and inflammatory... great for healing and preventing blemishes
 3. Pumpkin... Pumpkin is chock-full of Vitamin A, which softens and smooths skin, and Vitamin C, which brightens. At fancy spas, there's usually a pumpkin mask and they're usually crazy expensive!

I've only used the mask once so far (don't want to overdo it), but I loved the results. You only leave it on for about 10-15 minutes and the glycolic does create a slight stinging feeling initally, but after washing it off, I had that same nourished and bright result as the Renewal Cream!

I love both of these products so much, I seriously can't believe they are both natural and affordable! The perfect way to maintain my new resolution to rock my paleness!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment