Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Chicken Quinoa Curry Wraps

These babies are a TREAT! 

And nearly Detox Diet friendly! Now that February is over, so are my 28 days of hardcore detoxing. However, even though it was suuuper hard at times, I generally felt amazing while doing it. I had so much natural energy, I always felt super alert, and never groggy, and best of all, my body felt incredibly light and thinned out! Woohoo! So, I'm going to incorporate as much of it as I can into my daily regular life. 

Ok, let's get started so you can feel amazing, too! :)

What I Used:
3 big chicken breasts
1 can of light coconut milk
1 smallish yellow onion
Some fresh ginger
2-3 cloves of garlic, minced
Red curry paste
Cayenne peppa'
1 Bell pepper
Cilantro
Chives
1-1.5 cups of cooked quinoa
Whole wheat tortillas

I had a lot of time, so I started by marinating my chickens in the coconut milk, a splash of Olive Oil and a sprinkle of salt and pepper...


Then I chopped up some ginger and threw that in as well...


And the garlic!


Chop your onion and get him in there too...



Add in the curry paste, as much as you like! And mix it all up...
(Probably easier to do this in a bowl and then transfer it to the pan)


I covered it and popped it in the fridge for about 3 hours to let all the ingredients get to know each other...


When I was ready for din, I preheated the oven to 350 and got started on the quinoa...


When the oven was ready, I separated the chickens from all the other stuff...


I dumped the curry/coconut milk into a big sautee pan...


And kept the chickens in their pan, covered them and popped them in the oven for about 20 minutes...


I brought the sauce mixture to a boil in the pan and then turned it down low and let it simmer, covered, for about 10-15 minutes. I also took the immersion blender to it, but it's not necessary...


Quinoa's ready!


Chicken's ready!


Time to start assembling the wraps!

I chopped up the chives, cilantro and bell pepper (and chicken)...


And threw it all in with the sauce!


(I forgot to take a pic, but I threw the quinoa in there, too.)

Whip out your healthy, yet delicious, tortillas...


And wrap!



I cut it, so you can see inside, but it's definitely a lot easier to not cut it and just eat it like a burrito!


Seriously, sooo good! So much flavor in every bite and the bell peppers give it a nice crunch.
This is the sort of "diet food" I can most definitely live with!

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment