Thursday, May 15, 2014

North to Napa!

The next morning we said goodbye to our most perfect little hotel and all the boats and hit the road, heading north to Napa!










With none other than Paul Simon coming through the speakers :)




Our general rule for Napa is champagne before all else... suuuuper hard to follow, I know ;)


So first up was Mumm Napa



I was super excited for this, since it was my first time here. The other two champagne places I love are Domaine Carneros and Chandon.



Mumm certainly did not disappoint... It was the most gorg day and we sat outside under the cutest little yellow umbrellas you ever did see...



We did the Club Vivant tasting because I was reeeeallly into getting some pink champagne :)


The little coasters had the most ON POINT quotes about life and champagne...



Then came the champs!


This is life right here...


So happy!!


How beyond cute is this little sign from their gift shop?!


All filled up with bubbles, we hit the road again in search of some food...




I could not get enough of this perfect day... seriously, how gorg is it?!





We headed into the Yountville Deli... quite well known for their freshly made sandwiches and other goodies...


It was just too perfect not to eat outside...


Palm trees! You don't see a whole lotta these bad boys in the city...




Our next and final stop was Trefethen Vineyards, where Ian is a member. And do you know that means - free tastings!


Our first tasting was one of my faves... A rosé! From their Summer In Napa line. And the bottle had the couple from Fragonard's famous rococo painting, The Swing, on it! Very exciting for this little art nerd :)


Rosé and summer... an unbeatable combination...


Next up, some pinot noirs!


A few more tastings and I sort of forgot about my camera... whoops! I guess wine will do that to ya!


I quickly remembered as we made our way back on that gorgeous road...



Domaine Carneros! Another delightful spot for champagne...





As we headed south, the vineyards disappeared one by one and were replaced by the view that truly holds my heart...


San Francisco, I love you...!






It was a perfect weekend, and truly the only way to commemorate what feels like a perfect year. This city has given me so much and helped me find my footing after some tough times, but I will always love it most for being the place where I met and fell in love with Ian :)

xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment