Friday, February 14, 2014

M.A.C. Potions

Happy Valentine's everybody! I hope you're all spending it with the awesome people you love most!

To continue the Friday tradition of lotions and potions... I have two must-buys by M.A.C. for you and they are LIFE. With them in your arsenal, the perfect creamy, glowing face is a total no brainer...


First Up... Strobe Cream. It claims to do a lot - and it does. It brightens up your skin, giving it an immediate luminous quality, while also moisturizing... If you're skin is looking kind of "meh" or dull, the Strobe Cream just wakes it right up! I mix mine in with my daytime moisturizer. If you use a primer, mix it with that. However, on days where I really want that "no-makeup makeup" look, I use equal parts daytime moisturizer, Strobe Cream and my BB cream. This dilutes the makeup a bit and gives you a fresh-faced, I-woke-up-like-this look that's totally believable!

Next... Fix+. I'm a nerd and pronounce it like "Fix It", but I think it's actually supposed to be "Fix Plus". Anyway, this is hands down a DREAM. A staple in every makeup artist's bag, I honestly don't know how I've gone the majority of my makeup wearing years without it. As far as I can tell, there are three major uses for it:

1. As a primer of sorts - Spray lightly on your face right before applying makeup to get a perfectly blended finish... and I mean PERFECT. Sometimes I'll dot my makeup around my face, then spray the Fix It and then blend with a brush... This leaves the most perfect finish. In fact the first time I did this, I got really close up in my mirror and stared at my face for a good long while... It's like the makeup disappears and you're just left with a perfect face.

2. (I think this is the main use) To set your makeup. Once you're completely done applying all makeup, spray onto your face to help it all stay put for the day.

3. A pick-me-up! This stuff is weirdly magical. You know how some days, right around the time you leave for happy hour, you notice that your face is looking a little different than when you left the house? And you're like, "Where did all my makeup go?!" Well I can't tell you where it went, but I'll tell you what will help... Spray the Fix It liberally all over your face... like more than you would think, I do about 5 full sprays. You're going to look pretty wet, so maybe do it somewhere in private. Wait until it gets absorbed and then voila!  Your face is back, looking fresh and glowy as ever. You're welcome.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment